Oxford City Farm (OCF) is at a very exciting stage of development. We now have a lease on the site and are looking for an events coordinator (paid role) and a volunteer coordinator (voluntary position). For other formal and informal volunteering opportunities, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Event Coordinator. They’ll be responsible for organising a community celebration event in Autumn 2017. The event will bring together all our supporters, members, and volunteers to celebrate opening the site for the public. The key tasks and responsibilities are:
- Deliver a community event in Autumn 2017 to celebrate the opening of the Farm to the public
- Develop an event plan in partnership with OCF trustees
- Prepare event briefs and tasks for the OCF team
- Recruit, co-ordinate and engage OCF members, volunteers and stakeholder to support and attend the event
- Work with OCF volunteers to help promote and publicise the event and the farm
- Ensure health and safety compliance at the event
- Arrange an activity plan for the event
- Organise an OCF stall for the event
There are 10 days available to arrange and deliver the event over a 4-5 month period. The rate is £93.75 per day (or £12.50 per hour) including VAT if appropriate.
As we get more enquiries about volunteering, a volunteer coordinator is needed to meet demand for information and to ensure a positive experience for volunteers. This is an ongoing unpaid voluntary role. The role is likely to require up to 1.5 days per week worked flexibly to suit your own and the Farm’s requirements. Attendance at site work parties and other volunteer days will also be necessary on occasion. Attendance at steering group meetings which happen every 2 months would also be beneficial.
Here is a full description of the role:
Interested? Great! Please fill out the following form and return to email@example.com: