Please complete our survey
(deadline Tues 31st October).
Oxford City Farm is at a very exciting point and we are doing lots of thinking about how we will develop and grow our space and our work in the community. One of the options we are considering is setting up a Community Kitchen on our site.
The kitchen would support our education work around growing and eating local, healthy and seasonal food. It would provide a space for sharing skills, building confidence and bringing people together. Our plan would be to offer affordable community classes and workshops – these might include after school clubs for children, family learning days, special support sessions for older people or those who are socially isolated. Eventually we would want to offer accredited training and support to increase employability skills. The kitchen could be hired out by professional tutors and cooks to run courses, or for caterers and small food entrepreneurs wanting to scale up their business.
To help our thinking we need a better understanding of the current interest, demand and need for this type of community facility in Oxford.
So, if you
• might be interested in coming to a class or workshop,
• work to support people in our local community,
• work in education,
• are involved in a growing project and might be interested in hiring a kitchen to add value to your produce,
• are a local caterer or food entrepreneur who might be interested in renting a kitchen to run courses or scale up your business
• might be interested in working in partnership with the farm to run courses to support the people you work with
• are from a local business who might be interested in hiring the kitchen for a team building day
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR VIEWS!
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.