Oxford City Farm’s charitable work is dependent on the generous support of people in our community and this week we are launching a regular giving campaign with our new look banner:
The launch coincides with the start of Small Charities Week, run by Foundation for Social Improvement (FSI), which aims to celebrate and raise awareness of the essential work of the UK’s small charity sector.
We are committed to the Farm being a free-to-access community green space where people can come to learn how to grow food, care for animals and cook and eat together. Regular donations will allow us to expand our charitable work providing nourishing educational and supportive services to our community.
They will help support:
- Our volunteering days, which provide opportunities for people to meet, make connections and have a share of the produce grown on the farm
- Free skills workshops helping local people to learn new skills in growing food and small-scale building
- Our work in schools providing learning opportunities inspiring healthy food choices and care for the environment, animals and each other
- Our work with partner organisations to support vulnerable, isolated and marginalized people
- Help us run events to bring whole community together to have a fun and enjoyable experience on the Farm
- Move towards opening the Farm to the public
We will be launching the campaign this weekend at our stall at Flofest, Florence Park, Saturday 16th June (11am-4pm) – please come along and say hello!
The City Farm’s fundraising team say
We are absolutely committed to keeping the Farm a space that is accessible to the whole community. We have been successful in raising grants and crowd funding for some of our larger projects, but to meet the farm’s essential core running costs we are seeking regular donations from our supporters. Regular donations enable us to plan work into the future and also help us access money from other funders. Our charitable work is dependent on the generous support of our community. Even a small regular donation will make a huge difference to our work.
Small Charities Week
Small Charity Week celebrates and raises awareness of the essential work of the UK’s small charity sector who make an invaluable contribution to the lives of millions of individuals, communities and causes across the UK and the rest of the world.
Small Charity Week is run by the Foundation for Social Improvement (FSI), who with the support of partner organisations ensure the work of small charities is recognised and celebrated.
For more information visit: http://smallcharityweek.com.