Oxford City Farm’s charitable work is dependent on the generous support of people in our community and this week we are launching a regular giving campaign with our new look banner:
The launch coincides with the start of Small Charities Week, run by Foundation for Social Improvement (FSI), which aims to celebrate and raise awareness of the essential work of the UK’s small charity sector.
We are committed to the Farm being a free-to-access community green space where people can come to learn how to grow food, care for animals and cook and eat together. Regular donations will allow us to expand our charitable work providing nourishing educational and supportive services to our community.
They will help support:
- Our volunteering days, which provide opportunities for people to meet, make connections and have a share of the produce grown on the farm
- Free skills workshops helping local people to learn new skills in growing food and small-scale building
- Our work in schools providing learning opportunities inspiring healthy food choices and care for the environment, animals and each other
- Our work with partner organisations to support vulnerable, isolated and marginalized people
- Help us run events to bring whole community together to have a fun and enjoyable experience on the Farm
- Move towards opening the Farm to the public
We will be launching the campaign this weekend at our stall at Flofest, Florence Park, Saturday 16th June (11am-4pm) – please come along and say hello!
The City Farm’s fundraising team say
We are absolutely committed to keeping the Farm a space that is accessible to the whole community. We have been successful in raising grants and crowd funding for some of our larger projects, but to meet the farm’s essential core running costs we are seeking regular donations from our supporters. Regular donations enable us to plan work into the future and also help us access money from other funders. Our charitable work is dependent on the generous support of our community. Even a small regular donation will make a huge difference to our work.
Small Charities Week
Small Charity Week celebrates and raises awareness of the essential work of the UK’s small charity sector who make an invaluable contribution to the lives of millions of individuals, communities and causes across the UK and the rest of the world.
Small Charity Week is run by the Foundation for Social Improvement (FSI), who with the support of partner organisations ensure the work of small charities is recognised and celebrated.
For more information visit: http://smallcharityweek.com.
We need to raise £12,000 to bring water and electricity onto the farm site.
This will mean we can:
- scale up our community growing giving more local people access to the health and social benefits of being involved in the production and consumption of fresh local food
- install accessible toilets and hand washing facilities which are essential for all our visitors and volunteers
- look after animals permanently on the site – we hope to have chickens, goats and other small animals and visiting larger animals like our lovely pigs-on-loan.
You can donate here : http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/help-build-oxford-city-farm
We have some great rewards on offer!
Our artist-designed ‘Goat on a Tote’ bags and ‘Fowl on a Towel’ tea towels….
…..and various courses offered by local specialists in woodworking, foraging and bee keeping, and yummy rewards from Wild Honey, LAM Brewing and Brightwell Vineyard as well as special tours of the site and a one-off opportunity to ‘name our bog’ and first container building.
You can donate here http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/help-build-oxford-city-farm
Or if you would prefer, send a cheque made payable to Oxford City Farm in the post to Oxford City Farm, c/o 189 Campbell Rd, Oxford, OX4 3NT.
To follow our progress over the next few weeks remember to follow us on:
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/OxfordCityFarm, Twitter https://twitter.com/OxCityFarm, Instagram https://www.instagram.com/oxfordcityfarm
If you want to get in touch contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support us to win the community grant scheme with Tesco Bags of Help and Groundwork during May and June 2017.
We need your help to secure the top prize of £4000 by using your blue token and choosing Oxford City Farm after every shop at Tesco. The 2nd place project will receive £2,000 and the 3rd placed project will receive £1,000.
The money will support the build of the outdoor kitchen and seating area with a cob oven and rocket stove. The project will offer you the chance to have fun and learn new skills by learning how build a clay oven, round wood timber frame building and create a wonderful new resource that will significantly improve your experience on Oxford City Farm. There will also be a covered space to take shelter and relax after your hard work.
Please share this news with your friends and family.
Stores where you can support us are:
Oxford City Centre
- Oxford Magdalen Street Tesco Metro, OX1 3AD.
- Oxford St Aldates Tesco Express
75 St Aldate’s, OX1 1RA.
- Banbury Road Tesco Express
263 Banbury Road, OX2 7HN.
- London Road Tesco Express
83a-85 London Road, OX3 9AJ.
- Cowley Road Tesco Metro
159-161 Cowley Road, OX4 1UT.
- Oxford Superstore, Cowley
7 Oxford Retail Park, OX4 6XJ.
- Abingdon Road Tesco Express
279 Abingdon Road, OX1 4TJ.
- Botley Road Tesco Express
12 Westway Shopping Centre, OX2 9LH.
Find your local Tesco store.